Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Jack Out of the Box

"It used to be that if I had a great worship experience, I asked God to duplicate it the next time I came to worship. Like the kid impressed by a silly magic trick, I would pray, "Do it again!" One thing I've learned about God over the years, however, is that He rarely "does it again." He's the Creator, which means that He is (among other things) creative." Francis Chan
This quote resonates with me. Especially coming off of retreat. The truth found in this statement is something God has been working into my view of Him. I so often long for the experience I had of Him when I was younger, but this isn't what He has in mind. He wants me to discover new truths and new relationship with Him. Not to always pine after what has past. Also not to search for the same experience that He has given someone else. Following Him is meant to be an adventure, not a cookie cutter formula for life. Its nerve racking. But oh so exciting anticipating what He has next.
Me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment