Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Updating Blog and iPod All at the Same Time


Gertrude (my iPod) is my favorite device ever. She holds a vast array of music ranging from rock to opera to folk to country to classical and even some rap (very minimal mind you), and almost any other kind of music. One of my favorite hobbies (which people probably wouldn't expect from me) is to create playlists of songs that flow well together lyrically and musically. Its like art to me. And when a list comes together and cohesively flows through the sounds that I wanted it to and can carry you through each song as if you were continuing a story, it delights my little heart.

Music is kind of a background passion of mine. My parents have raised us on it and taught us all to love it. While it doesn't always take a front seat in my life, it is always running as a soundtrack in the background. When I can find a song or a CD that resonates with what I'm feeling and thinking, not just lyrically but musically as well, my life is ok. It doesn't matter if there's a ton of crap going on if I have music to match it. Often times this is worship music of some kind. Its amazing how there are worship songs to express almost anything to God.

I guess that's it. Don't really have much to say.

Me off.

1 comment:

  1. My Name is Sarah Gulachek and I approve this message.

    ReplyDelete