Monday, May 2, 2011

Segue into Silhouettes of Pacific Blues

Sleeping at Last has once again succeeded in expressing my heart perfectly. Silhouettes brought me to tears.

Pacific Blues

If I could rearrange my words
I'd say what I mean
If I could learn to count the cards
I'd risk everything
Imagine how brave I'd be
If I knew I'd be safe
If I could only know the end
I'd be a prodigy of faith

If I had a treasure map
Oh the answers I'd find them
I'd dust off the artifacts
'Til I made 'em all shine

Everything I know is borrowed, broken or blind
And what I've seen of beautiful feels merely implied
Is it the treatment of symptoms or a touch of divine
I guess the truth is that the truth is of complex design

How I ache to know

God knows that I know we're little boats in the great big sea
Setting sail after sail in the hopes of finding a breeze

Every compass I have followed I've trusted and denied
So it goes with an ever-changing definition of right
Is it the treatment of symptoms or a touch of divine
I guess the truth is that the truth is of complex design

If ignorance is bliss then I guess I'm in heaven
But this hesitant kiss sends me back to the grasp of the sea

Setting sail after sail in hopes of finding a breeze


Silhouettes

You wrote your name in invisible ink
For you were so afraid of what they might think
But the scars they left they were loud and clear
Weren't they? Weren't they?

When it's too much to bare memories erase
A disappearing act deserving of our thanks
When it surfaces just hold your breath
And swim just swim

You begged and begged for some kind of change
Maybe they'd wake up tomorrow and regret the pain
That they've passed down to you like DNA
But no luck, no luck

It seems only by the hand of God or death
Will they truly change their silhouettes
For a miracle or consequence
You wait and wait

Maybe distance is the only cure
Far away from hurt is where healing occurs
But all you really want to do is make them proud
Don't you? Don't you?

It must be hard in the mess you're always cleaning up
To believe in the ghost of unbroken love
But I promise you
The truth is that you're loved. So loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment