Monday, May 30, 2011

Escape Ohio!


I find this rather funny. Especially considering my mother's hometown was where Neil Armstrong was born. Definitely understand wanting to be as far away from that place as possible!

On another note, wedding season is about to begin. Sharin's wedding is Friday, Nick and Rose are getting married a few weeks after that. And of course the other 3 couples a little later this year. It's sheer insanity. I'm happy for them all though.

Its kind of lonely around here. With internship having ended, and now half the people I know are at the International Foursquare Convention (no, not the game played with a ball), it's super quiet in my life. I actually read a 400 page book in 2 days. I don't remember the last time I did that. Twas good though. "Immanuel's Veins" by Ted Dekker. He's brilliant. And twisted. Its a vampire story, which I was extremely skeptical about at first, because vampires are way over done these days. But this was actually written quite well, with the emphasis being on a story of redemption rather than on the fact that the creatures drink blood and are irresistably seductive. And no sparkles. All of these things make this book leaps and bounds better than the Twilight series.

I had grand plans that after internship I was going to acquire another job or 2. I think I have decided against such proceedings. I would like to work, but I think the down time is needed. At least for a little while. Especially since I'm planning to go to St. Louis for the month of August, it wouldn't be practical for me to take on more employment for only 2 months. However, come fall, I will be looking for another job and also an apartment. Yay! I can't wait to get on with this thing (meaning life). :)

Me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment