Wednesday, June 1, 2011

You Are My Sunshine



I was listening to music and browsing websites through stumbleupon.com. As coincidence would have it, I was listening to "My Only Sunshine" by Bing Crosby and stumbleupon gave me this image at the same time. Gotta love it.

I actually really like the entirety of that song. Though it is rather depressing as a whole.

There's something about old music, like Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, etc. that just brings a melancholy joy to my heart. There's just something comforting about a crooner's voice combined with an upright bass, flute and violin and a little bit of white noise. It makes me want to sit next to a fire (bon fire or fireplace depending on the weather) with a cup of tea or hot chocolate, just listening. There's just a romance to it.

We must have been created for a world simpler than the one we've created for ourselves. A world where things were savored. Moments that were made to delight our souls, tastes that can both excite and comfort, smells that ignite soothing nostalgia or desire (I'm thinking about food here people, come on get it outa the gutter :P). And, I think one of the most important things we were made to delight in, after God, is each other.

We were made to delight and be delighted in. I think its an inherent need that comes with being human. In fact, the word "need" doesn't begin to touch on the depth of necessity I think this is for us. Maybe I'm exagerating or generalizing... I don't know. But when I think about it, we were made to delight God; to please Him. So I can't help but think that this is a part of our DNA.

Personally, there is nothing more fulfilling to me than when I know that God is happy with me. Second to that, one of my favorite things (if not my favorite thing) is when I can see that other people find joy in who I am. Also when I find joy in who others are. I really love people. They're flaws frustrate and hurt me sometimes, but those flaws aren't who they are. I love people for who they are, and I love discovering who they are. Quirks are a weakness for me. They bring me so much joy because they make people interesting. (Which really explains quite alot....)

Anyway, wow... my thoughts wandered a bit from where they started. Suffice it to say, if I know you, you are my sunshine in some way or another. And if I don't yet, you likely will be when I do.

Me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment