Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Countdown

This quite possibly is the most insane my life has ever been. And yet, the effects are not revealing themselves to me as of yet. I should probably be in a frenzied hurry trying to pack not only for St. Louis (leaving in less than 2 weeks!), but to move out on Saturday. But I'm not. Its alot of change at once, which is typically rather difficult for me to acclimate to. However, I feel abnormally peaceful about it all. Not that this is a negative thing. Quite the opposite.

It rather amuses me that the times that are most chaotic and confusing are the times that God gives the most peace. Its contradictory, yet very clearly a Kingdom principle, if you live by such things. I get the feelign that He's up to something. Though exactly what isn't very clear to me right now. But then, when is it ever.

I purchased a leather bracelet a few weeks back and imprinted on it is the phrase "not all those who wander are lost". This phrase has always connected with my heart on a deep level. It comes from a poem from The Lord of the Rings (go ahead, make fun of my nerdiness). The full poem goes "All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not whither; Deep roots are not reached by the frost; From ashes a fire shall be woken; A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken; The crownless again shall be king." (I may or may not have typed that from memory....) But that specific phrase is significant to me because it expresses perfectly how I feel my life is panning out.

On the outside, it tends to appear that I don't really have much direction. I mean, I work a job that is very clearly not going anywhere. I don't have much further education past highschool and I don't really intend to pursue such. By most standards, I don't have much going for me. It appears as though I'm wandering through life somewhat directionless. But God showed me a few years ago that's how its going to be. But that doesn't mean that I am directionless. He has a direction that He's leading me, but He's just not going to show it to me all right now. Actually, this seems to be the way He operates with alot of people. Its step by step. He'll show me the next step He wants me to take when it comes to me.

I'm quite excited about going to St. Louis. It took forever for me to get the time off approved from work, but I did :) I'll be gone for 3 weeks. I'm really excited to be involved in what's going on out there. And to see what God does. People are being rather amusing about it all though. There are those who think that I'm going to go out there and never come back except to collect my things and move there. Also, I've heard people say that I may meet whomever I'm going to marry out there. Both of these thoughts are just silly to me right now though. Well, the one about meeting my husband is just sill all together. I refuse to do so, its too cliche. I have no interest in having to tell people that I met him while on a mission trip. And, while the idea of living there has a large amount of appeal to me, I don't think that's going to be happening right away. I know God still has things for me here. So yalls are stuck with me a bit longer :P

Anyway, to end this on a really awkward note, my brother told me today that I should become a surrogate mother to earn extra money.

Me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment