Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sleep Evasion

Do not mistake the title to mean that I am attempting to evade sleep. Rather it is the other way around. It is evading me. The thought occured to me earlier tonight as I was getting ready to go to bed that this is the last night I will be spending in the room which has been called mine for the past 9 years. Keep in mind that I tend to attach myself to things sometimes... and so this is largely sad for me. Its like losing a good friend in some way. Tomorrow I am moving the last of my things into my apartment. Then Wednesday morning I'm leaving for St. Louis. I'm starting to get nervous about that, too. I've never traveled alone before, much less traveled that often at all anyway. So prayers for calm nerves and safety would be appreciated. Particularly during my stop in Chicago.

I also have very strong tendencies towards home sickness. When I say this, I mean, I'm already home sick adn I haven't even left yet. The realization that I won't see many of the people I love for several weeks saddens my heart. I do hope, however, that my sadness does not miscommunicate and come across as if I am not excited to go. Because I am. Significantly. Its really a strange combination of emotions.

Anyway, I should probably re-attempt to fall asleep. I will likely be updating this semi frequently via my phone while I am out there.

Me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment