Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Have a Dream - My Version

There beats in my soul a vision that I can't ignore, won't go away and haunts me almost daily. Its a vision of unity, of revival, of revolution.

I dream that one day, when I drive through my town, I will see evidence of God everywhere. The homeless being fed, clothed, even given homes. Neighbors serving and loving each other. People praying for each other. Random acts of God everywhere.

I want to see the local body of Christ unite. To see, not seperate churches, but one Church that meets in different locations. I want to see the pastors being friends and supporting each other. Holding each other accountable. Praying for each other.

I want to see the schools infiltrated and saturated with Jesus.

I want to see worship. Everywhere.

I want to see God. His glory revealed, His love unveiled, His power released. In my city.

I want a revolution. I want to see the people of God strip off the limitations they put on Him. I want to see them break free of their plans, their traditions and ceremony. I want to see the limitless God.

I want to see people healed.

I want to fight the battle for my city. I don't want to sit by, complacent, any longer. Mediocre isn't enough anymore. Tolerable doesn't cut it. Occasional experience of God isn't ok.

He has a plan for this city and I'm just about bursting at the seams to see it happen.

I have an idea. Its bold. It may be a bit insane. But I'm gonna give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment