Monday, August 16, 2010

Effed Up (Not Recommended for Small Children.... or Dogs)

Disclaimer: I refuse to admit that the following is simply cynicism. However, were I to admit such, I would tell you that it is really just cynicism and nothing more than a coping mechanism. But I am not admitting to such and therefore the following should be considered true... maybe.

I deliberated much over what to title this blog entry. I can tell you that many wonderful things came to mind... but I was so thoroughly amused by this title (well, actually, the title I originally thought of was much more amusing to me, but this one is more acceptable.) that I really couldn't escape it. And after being seperately advised by 2 people, the title is as such.



Romance does not exist.

Its a true fact. There is not a relationship on this planet where the people involved want to genuinely seek, pursue and win another person's heart simply because they love who that person is. Nope. People just want sex.

Now, perhaps in a relationship one of the people will want to win the other's heart... but the other always just wants sex.

For the people who are waiting 'til they get married to have sex this is probably even more true because... well, since they haven't gotten any, they really want sex.

It is possible for a relationship to start out with both people pursuing each other for who they are... but ultimately at some point it comes down to them wanting sex.

Some people will put on a romantic facade... but its just so they can get sex.

I think I've said the word sex in this blog more than I ever have at one point in my life. I think Emily may appreciate this.

On that note, I will entirely contradict myself and post a text that Skylar sent out this morning as my...

Daily Quote: "It is the hardest thing to look at a person and love them for who they are at that moment. Not what they have to offer or how they affect you, but simply because it is what Jesus would do. It is possible only by the grace of the Holy Spirit, but invites God's will into their life."

Me off.

3 comments:

  1. OMG you actually NAMED me! WTH ROFL I literally laughed out loud when I saw you did that... jeesh woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahaa....... total cynicism1

    ReplyDelete