Saturday, September 18, 2010

Giraffes, Babies and Escalators

Saw my giraffe on a baby bib yesterday. The baby wearing it happens to be one of the cutest babies ever to exist. Her name is Isabelle. It is children like her that make me wish I had children like her. Or children at all. Lol.

So we finished up our series by Joyce Meyer in ISOM on Thursday, and yesterday we started a series by Brian Houston (the pastor of Hillsong Church in Australia). He was talking about negative thinking. Which got me thinking. Being positive really is a choice. So is learning. I like the analogy I came up with yesterday while talking to someone. Its kinda like climbing the down escalator. You can either use your circumstances and situations as steps to take you upward and closer to God. Or you can just ride them out and allow them to take you farther away from Him and drag you down.

Its easy to just let things get you down; to maintain negative thinking. There is no effort involved in riding an escalator down. In fact, alot of times there's not even any thought involved. You just let your circumstances carry you where they may.

In order to climb, you have to fight against the current and the way things appear. You have to be determined and willing to work hard. You have to, at some point, make a conscious decision to not let the way things are going affect the way you pursue Christ.

Its hard. Especially when you feel like you have been wronged. When you have been unjustly treated by people. I have to admit, this is an area in which I haven't had much experience. I haven't been treated wrongly by people unjustly, probably ever. Until lately. I've been misread, gossiped about and pitied for no reason. Or little reason which has been exaggerated. I have been hurt largely by this. But on the flip side, I am grateful. Its developing a tougher skin on me. Metaphorically, of course.

I'm learning how to choose to live righteously in this. To let Christ be my vindicator. I don't have to prove that I'm right. For that matter, I don't have the ability to right now. I've had to choose to climb the down escalator in this. To not let anger, hatred, bitterness and pain poison me. And its still a choice I have to make on a regular basis. To try to forgive and love.

Jesus is my best friend. I have to cling to Him. I need Him like I need to breathe. A moment without Him feels like a moment without a heart beat. He's the only One who has fully accepted me and knows where I am right and have been perceived as wrong. He also knows where I am truly wrong. I have to believe that He will bring the truth to light. Even if that means that I realize more where I am wrong. I'm ok with that. I just want what's real to be real. I don't want myself to operate under a belief of something that is false to be true. And I don't want others to walk in that in relation to me, either.

There's alot. But Jesus will prevail. Because His love is strong. That's about all I got.

Me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment