Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The St. Louis Dream Center

Guys, my heart is entirely in St. Louis. Who am I kidding? Sometimes it doesn't feel like it, but it really is. Its been over a year since I've been there and my desire to be there is still as strong as when I left. I can't shake it. I got the Dream Center in my blood.

The type of ministry that they do and the way they do it is exactly what I'm wired for. I don't know how to explain it to you exactly besides saying that its like finding your purpose. But that sounds so cliche.

Joyce Meyer's tv program just had ran a session about the St. Louis Dream Center tonight. For those who don't know (probably because you haven't talked to me enough to hear me rant too much about that place), Joyce Meyer runs the Dream Center out there. Watching it and seeing the places and the people just made me long to be there all the more. I miss it so deeply.

And its not a romanticism of it. I know there's alot I don't know about being there. But I'm pretty grounded in the reality of what its like, I think. Mostly because I've done that kind of ministry before. Its hard work. But its what I'm made for.

Broken people. Needy people... All of it. My spirit groans in me. Again, cliche, I know. But its true.

Ah! I want to be there!! Even if its just to visit. I want to be a part of what they're doing.

I know, I know. You probably think that on some level I just want to see my baby brother. But that's not it. I mean, yes, I miss him. But even if he weren't there, I would long to be there. I wish there were some way I could describe to you what its like.

It'll happen some day. And then I'll share all of my experiences there. I can't wait.

Me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment