Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Transmissions and Granny Driving

So I never thought I would be the person on the road that everyone wants to pass because they're going too slow. But, low and behold, it has happened. I even irritate myself I have to go so slow. Ok, ok, so I can still go 40 mph, which isn't that slow I suppose. But it feels like it to me.

The reason for this is, I need my transmission fixed. Without going into the hairy details of numbers and pain, I just had my car in the shop on Saturday and put a bunch of money into fixing it. Aaannd it needs to go in again for more extensive, expensive work.

I bring all this up because I completely believe that its a testimony to God's faithfulness. As stressful as this has been for me, He has stepped me through the whole way. It might not be the ideal situation, but He is providing. Not to mention I'm pretty sure I'm getting a crash course in patience and time management. Which, I could use a good dose of both of those.

God does seem to like to use car trouble to teach me things. Last year I had almost 3 straight months of having to deal with stuff with my car. What did I learn? I learned to trust that God has me covered, and not to freak out. So when this came around, even though it has stressed me out a little, even though sometimes it seems like God is waiting until the last possible minute to provide a way, I've remained calm about it... for the most part. I have had a couple times where breakdown almost happened, but He pulled me through. And He's still pulling me through. Praise Jesus.

Me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment