Monday, November 1, 2010

Emphasis on Bright and Early, 101010

Lyrics!!! Lol. Sleeping at Last. What else is there? :p

Bright and Early

Bright and early
through the curtains
the sun comes pouring in
filling glasses up with diamonds
stirring where I’ve been

But it’s all trigger and effect
dominoes at their best

In the end I’m told
it taught me everyting I know
that the wreckage left behind
will somehow make me grow

But why couldn’t I have been safe from the start
soundly asleep

The warmth of blankets
makes me nervous
I’d rather catch a cold

Like sparks in matches
blink, you’ll miss it
the future’s up in smoke

Though dust has settled
I still smell the ashes
buried in my clothes

It’s all trigger and effect, I know
dominoes at their best

In the end I’m told
it taught me everything I know
but when the fire took our home
I lost part of my soul

From the ground up
I’ll keep building
houses into homes

Cause if trust is ribbon
then patience ties it
in a perfect bow

Emphasis


Death is promised to the bee
who’s sting protects the coloney
was its life worth nothing more
than honey for the queen

Life is a branch and it is a dove
handcrafted by confusing love
sign language is our reply
when church bells make no sound

In hollow towers and empty hives
we craved sweetness with a fear of heights
was it all just a grain of sand
in an hourglass

The smartest thing I’ve ever learned
is that I don’t have all the answers
just a little light to call my own

Though it pales in comparison
to the overarching shadows
a speck of light can reignight the sun
and swallow darkness whole

Death is a cold blindfolded kiss
it is the finger pressed upon our lips
it puts an unwanted emphasis
on how we should have lived

Life is a gorgeous broken gift
6 billion pieces waiting to be fixed
love letters that were never signed
sent to where we live

But the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard
is that I don’t have to have the answers
just a little light to call my own

101010


Hold your breath and count to 28
change is slow but I feel it taking shape
folding over us like waves
on oragami ocean tides we sway

Like blueprints being rearranged
over microscopes we plan and strain

The finest print in the whitest ink
before it dries there’s no time to think
it feels like everything we’ve know is sink or swim

But grey is not a compromise
it is the bridge between two sides
I would even argue that it is the color
that most represents God’s eyes

Hold your breath and count to 29
connect the dots and cherish every line

Paper cuts and trails aside
make a wish and hold it tight
this time we’ll try our very hardest not to try
‘cause grey is not a compromise
it is the bridge between two sides
the shores on which our stubborn land
and restless sea collide
grey is not just middle ground
it is a truce that waits to be signed
I would even argue that from where we stand
it most represents the color of God’s eyes

So lets fold our atlas into paper planes
change is slow but I feel it taking shape

No comments:

Post a Comment