Friday, October 8, 2010

Roosters and Syrup and Eccentric Aunts

Blogger gave me a random question and not enough space for me to answer it in the way I wanted to in my profile, so I transferred it here.

Random Question - "For your birthday, your aunt gave you a maple syrup dispenser shaped like a rooster. Please write her a thank-you note:"

Dear Aunt ________,


You have given me many eccentric gifts over the years that have both puzzled, and amused me. I feel I have accepted these graciously and with understanding. However, pouring syrup out of a rooster's rear end is just disturbing to me. When I take this gift to Goodwill, please do not purchase it again and give it to anyone. Just leave it. Somethings were meant to be lonely. Such as syrup-pooping roosters. I do, however, recognize that it is the heart behind the gift that matters. That being said, I'm not sure what kind of heart would give a gift of this nature. But I will assume the best and express gratitude for your thoughts toward me. Even if inadequately expressed.

Love,
Erin


hehe. The mildly ammusing part of this to me is, I have an aunt that does give gifts along these lines.

Me off.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! I laughed out loud and made Hannah come over and read it too - THIS was halarious!

    ReplyDelete